Why PADI Rescue Diver? The PADI Rescue Diver will expand your knowledge and experience beyond purely recreational level because you’ll learn to look beyond yourself and consider the safety and well being of other divers. Although this course is serious, it is an enjoyable way to build your confidence.
What do I need to start?
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or PADI Junior Advanced Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- Minimum age: 15 years old (12 for PADI Junior Rescue Diver)
- Successful completion of a sanctioned CPR program within the past 24 months
What will I do?
Rescue Diver training will prepare you to prevent problems and, if necessary, manage dive emergencies. During the five open water sessions, you’ll cover:
- Self-rescue and diver stress Rescue Diver Pak
- dive first aid
- emergency management and equipment
- swimming and non-swimming assists
- panicked diver response
- underwater problems
- missing diver procedures
- surfacing the unconscious diver
- in-water artificial respiration
- egress (exits)
- first aid procedures for pressure related accidents
- dive accident scenarios
What will I need?
- PADI Rescue Diver Crew-Pak
- PADI Rescue Diver video
Where can I go from here? The PADI Rescue Diver certification is a prerequisite for all Professional level PADI courses, beginning with the PADI Divemaster certification. Contact Salem Scuba to enroll in a PADI Rescue Diver course and prepare yourself for what lies ahead.